Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My new main

I have been playing world of warcraft for about three years now.  I have seen highs and lows in raiding, finally finishing a tier of raiding through heroic while it was current content for the first time in Dragon Soul.  I have had many mains, including a paladin named Moradon (my first main), a druid by the name of behomet, a priest by the name of charam, and now, I add my new main Deroggen, a monk, to the ranks of the classes I have raided with seriously.
I got a late start to this expansion as I took a month break so I could help my wife take care of our new baby boy.  He is our first, and he has changed my life drastically, including my priorities.  I am not as hard core as I once was, but I still pride myself on being the best healer I can, and on never letting things like nerfs be used as an excuse for poor performance (with the exception of the great paladin nerf that was the patch before cataclysm dropped with all the talent changes.  Trying to heal in ICC with the new paladin changes was flat out broken)
I am learning this new class the hard way, by trial and error, as well as by loads of research online.  The data isn't as clear cut on monks right now, but it is getting clearer and I am starting to feel like I know him like I knew my previous mains. 
This blog is about everything wow, with a specific emphasis on my monk, but I may occasionally dabble in posts about other classes.  So I hope you come back, and enjoy it.

P.S. My first official post will be about the "great monk nerf of patch 5.1" and why it is not nearly as big a problem as many thought it would be...myself included.

1 comment: