Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2012

A secret for leveling Monks

I was reading a blog talking about the enlightenment xp buff monks get when they level, and the person talking about it missed something very important about that buff that I assumed everyone knew, and now I am beginning to think maybe they don't.

First off, the way I discovered it.  I used to port and get the enlightenment buff whenever my current one ran out, but this was sometimes an annoyance, because if the buff dropped off mid dungeon, then I lost all the extra xp you would get from turning in the quests at the end of the dungeon.  So, on the day I was doing Zul'Furak and all its many quests, mid dungeon, I asked my group if they would mind if I quickly reset my buff so as not to waste the quest xp.  I did the zen pilgrimage, beat the monk trainer for the quest, and when I went to turn in the quest, I had 2 minutes left on my buff.  I thought to myself that it is dumb to waste the 2 minutes, but that if I waited, I was wasting all the xp from kills my group was making in Zul'Furak, so I took the buff and went back to the dungeon.

Now, I knew you could stack the buff before this, but the renewing here had been at the end of a two hour buff already.  After turning the quest in, my buff bar showed 2 hours.  I thought maybe it was showing that because the system didn't have a way to show one hour and 2 minutes, but 3 minutes later, it still showed two hours.  As I finished that dungeon and two others during that two hour span, I realized a cool trick.

DON'T IMMEDIATELY STACK THE BUFF TO 2 HOURS!  Wait until the hour buff drops under 5 minutes, then turn in the quest, and you will get an additional 2 hours, allowing you to get three hours worth of buff out of two quest turn ins.  As I rarely play more then three hours in a day, and I was leveling so quickly with this trick that I could easily level 10 levels in a day or two, I found that from the mid 30's all the way to 65, I was never without the buff.  It wasn't until the end of bc that the tricks benefit finally started slowing down.  It still worked but there was more non buff time inbetween buffs.

This really does speed up leveling, so if you are leveling a monk...might be something to consider...unless of course you prefer leveling slower, in which case I would imagine you didn't use the enlightenment buff at all.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a bug, and using it sounds like an exploit. Careful, you seem to like your account too much to get banned

    And I enjoy reading the positive blog posts, would be a shame if you had to write a rant about your lost account ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of it that way, but I think you are right. After all, I am sure that the guild that used saronite bombs on LK to keep the ledges, or the guild who manipulated lfr thought they were so smart for beating the system, and yet in both cases, Blizzard didn't agree. Thanks for looking out for me, because I would be very sad if I got a ban. A little more experience isn't worth that.

    ReplyDelete