Search This Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

LFR solutions

A major problem for lfr cropped up right around the time the Garalon fight became available in LFR.  The fight was not tuned properly and as such, became a wipe fest.  People, getting sick of wiping to Garalon and wanting to get the loot from the other two bosses, started clicking no whenever the queue was not a fresh queue.  Even after they fixed the Garalon issues, the problem persisited.  Blizzard feels this is a bad situation because it makes it a lot less likely that you will get a fresh run, as well as holding players hostage who are in the current run on the last boss, because they can't fill their group.

To fix this, Blizzard implemented a change that makes it where you can't see what boss the group is on, and then a blue poster in a very cheeky tone, said we should not be upset because the extra valor makes it worth doing their way.  This is not true, and the totally wrong way to handle this problem.

The solution is very easy.  We currently have 16 raid bosses.  That is a lot of raiding to hit every boss, and every possible loot configuration, but once you have done a boss once, there is no point in doing a fight all over again.  Instead of rewarding valor at the end of the run, valor should be rewarded on a 20 vp per boss basis.  That way, doing lfr three times would get you 960 valor, basically capping you.  This would give people like me, who hate dailies, a way to cap vaor by doing what I enjoy.  In addition, give 2 lesser charms per boss, so that in that same three runs, I can get 96 charms, 6 more then I need for my elder charms.  My well geared healer helping lfr's go on (as well as other well geared players) would help lesser geared players get the boss down, and would also make it so that I would not care if I started on the last boss, because I still get the reward.

This would give incentive to do lfr even when you have already done a boss, and for the full run, you can offer the same goody bag that are offered to tanks in lfr.  That as well, would act as an incentive to keep people in for the last boss.  It wouldn't solve every problem, but I think it is way better then not telling me what boss the raid is on so I will be forced to either take a queue debuff or do a boss I don't need or want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment