Search This Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

The importance of communication

If you read my posts the last two days, you know I am pretty disheartened.  But then last night, while on mmo-champion, I saw a one sentance summary of something ghostcrawler said in an interview.  It said that he felt the monk class needed more work the all the others, and that specifically, the mistweaver was proving to be very hard to balance.

This by no means makes the recent nerf storm better, but it does something that I think is more important.  It helps with the mental approach monks take to healing.  Knowing that Blizzard is having a hard time (and as such likely overreacting in their efforts) allows me to be fairly confident that they are aware of the problem and actively working on it.  I don't mind changes, as long as they are moving towards a better solution.  Monks needed a lot of work, so I think they truly are trying to move to a better solution that is easier to balance then the current model.  Reality is, I prefer changes, even nerfs, if it leads to a better gameplay solution.

So, while I am sure I will be very frustrated again tonight as we take on heroic stone guards, it now goes back to a post I made a couple days back on why I am not stressed about the daily issue.  They are fixing it, and it will take time, but like I said in that post, Blizzard never fixes things overnight, but they almost always fix things within 2-4 months.  So even if I have to wait until 5.2 to get the fix, it is nice to know it is coming.

I can deal with some bad, if I know it will get better, and in this case, I now believe it will get better.  My last post on the nerf, I explained that the worst part was not the nerf, but the lack of communication as to why.  Now that they have (albeit in a one line confession), I find I can go back to monk healing a little less discouraged, and a lot more hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment