Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wrathion Quest Line

This last weekend, I finally got my +500 intellect wrathion gem (I know, pretty sad it took so long, but I did lose a month at the beginning of the expansion to work towards it).  I still wish I had a +500 spirit gem option as I would totally use that and then gladly pay 10k gold when I finally have enough spirit on gear to not need spirit anymore (I love you 5.1 mana hotfix), but with that said, 500 intellect is still really nice, and I am glad I have it.

Getting that gem made me think it would be fun to do a post on my feelings for the whole Wrathion questline to date, so here goes...

First off, I know that for many of the wow player base, Wrathion is not well liked.  But for me, I think his character is awesome.  I love that I don't know whether he is good or evil.  The badlands quests while leveling that detail his orgin story are still in my opinion, the best quests in whole game. (if you haven't done them, go to badlands, and do all the quests there, you won't regret it...I hope)  Also, he just seems to brim with amazing power.  I was really jealous of rogues in Dragon Soul, because I wanted to do that quest.  I would watch videos about it, and it just looked like one of the coolest questlines ever made, especially for a legendary.

That was why I was so excited when I heard he would have a legendary questline for all players in MOP.  Finally, I could get a chance to interact with the character that is quickly becoming one of my favorites in all of World of Warcraft.  I think World of Warcraft's biggest problem was that they were running out of Warcraft 3 story lines to use for their current story, and by showing they can create new heros and lore, like Wrathion, they have shown that they can move forward.

Many people complain about the gating of the quests.  True, collecting sigils and gathering 6000 VP takes a lot of time, but again, this is a legendary quest, so I don't mind.  In fact, they could make it longer, and I would be fine with it, because I am just happy I get to be apart of it.  The story and cinematics have been really fun, and I feel like I am making a connection with Wrathion, which is critical to story building, whether they choose to make him a hero or villian.  (I think of the Drakuru storyline in Wrath, another great quest chain, where you come to care for the character, thus making his betrayal that much harder to handle, and making his death that much more vindicating).  I imagine the same will happen with Wrathion.  Either he will be a friend I fight with in many epic battles, or he will be the friend who I live long enough to see become my enemy.  Either way, I am invested, personally, because I am developing a relationship with him in this quest.

There is still a lot to come, and who knows where the story will go from here, but I must say, one of the things I am most excited about each time I log, is building a bit more progress towards the wrathion questline.

The Wrathion questline is DAILY QUESTING DONE RIGHT.  If dailies were more like his questline, I wouldn't mind doing them so much, because I would want to get on each day and see what will come next.  Also, if you can't get on for a couple days, you are not way behind, because you can still catch up before the end of the week.  (A side note on dailies, you could fix it by letting players pool quests from one day to another if you can't get on that day...just saying...also true for dungeons when you could get the daily bonus seven times a week, still think it is dumb they got rid of that)

So overall rundown, I think Wrathion is one of the best things they have done for the game in this expansion, and while it does have some negative issues, it is still just downright cool.  I am so glad it is in the game, and can't wait until I unlock the next phase of the questchain.

P.S. And for all the haters who say it is bad because it takes too long...don't forget...this is a legendary questline.  If you don't want the legendary, then don't worry about doing it.  I would much rather have it take a long time and be legendary, then be quick, but lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment